Thursday, September 15, 2011

behind every woven bowl is an Azizi Life

Today we went visited the Zamuka Cooperative to begin the development of what we hope will be a series of "the story behind the product" videos. I don't think I will get over how beautiful it is everywhere in Rwanda. 

Sheila, my coworker, was on camera duty and got some great shots of the day:
The women of Zamuka weave away
When you can weave with a broken hand...that is skill
Twins! One of the cooperative members + her children
Giving Sheila something to photograph :)
Jeannine interviewing our featured artisan...
Alyse...who is such a beautiful person, inside and out
National Geographic...bahahahaha
Can you get more context than that?
Alyse's beautiful nieces
I am so excited about this video because it is really the biggest obstacle between Azizi Life and a completed Advocacy Home Party structure...so, so exciting!

Btw...you can win woven bowls made by Zamuka with Azizi Life's 3 year celebration! Click here get the details.

Jon and I are heading to Lake Kivu tomorrow for a long, relaxing weekend. Check back on Sunday or Monday for more pics.

Much love,
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment