When I think about restoration, I think many times about the worldly systems in which we are obligated to participate in while we are on this earth. These systems equally hurt the helpless as much as they help the hurtful. They need to be restored to their true purpose - to help the disenfranchised to catch up with the rich.
Then I think about all of the people who have formed organizations to bring restoration to communities around the world. One of these organizations is Azizi Life (what...you aren't surprised, are you?). While it's obvious that Azizi Life partnering artisans benefit from fair wages, new found financial security, and respect from family and friends...did you know that their neighbors are affected as well? Jeannine and I put together some interviews for one of our artisan groups and their neighbors...it shocked me how highly their neighbors thought of Azizi Life. One shared this:
My impression of Azizi Life is that that they love people without any interest. The other thing is their commitment. Azizi Life has helped the ladies to work together to promote their work in order to be developed.
Another neighbor shares:
Among all organizations I know, Azizi Life is the best. They buy products and pay immediately. They love people and care about them.
These neighbors have never received anything from Azizi Life...it's amazing to me how God is working through the artisans, who benefit from Azizi Life's connections with markets around the world, to reach out to their community. He is good!
So, I know I just went on and on about getting out of our comfort zone of relief and move into restoration relationships...but I am all for organizations that are in it for the long haul and are focusing on restoration, themselves. Azizi Life is one of these organizations...if you have any interest in Azizi Life products and artisans, now is the time to head on over to www.azizilife.com and purchase some precious treasures (or Christmas presents!)...from Thanksgiving day to Nov. 27th EVERYTHING IS 20% OFF...that's a great discount...and it won't get any better than that...so get on it :)
Join Azizi Life in their mission for restoration in the lives of rural Rwandans. Every time you pick up an Azizi Life product, you can be assured that the artisan who made that product is benefiting from a long-term relationship with an organization that is determined to empower and facilitate personal development for the individual and the community.
Much love,
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:
Post a Comment